Hello readers! I have been long gone from my blog as was managing other major life events. Nothing to worry about as everything was for good. But I indeed missed writing and reading all those lovely blog posts. As its never too late to get back to your passion, here I am again. One thing am proud of is that I did not cheat my pledge of healthy lifestyle all this busy time. I did get tempted many times but I could control myself. This makes me extremely happy and proud of myself.
As I strongly believe, eating healthy is not a diet plan. It is rather a lifestyle change and does not require you to give up on your favorite foods. The recipes just need a little modification. Every now and then we must satisfy our cravings as long as it is in control. Balance is the key to success.
I fall victim to my sweet tooth! So instead of consuming store bought desserts, I make my own. And that portion control comes from my favorite ramekins. I have them in all the sizes. Its is officially fall and I missed on enjoying the fresh berries this summer. So last night I made myself a quick Berry Crisp with healthy ingredients like whole wheat flour, oats and nuts.
Recipe serves 2
4 oz frozen organic berries mix
1/8 cup brown sugar/stevia
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cinnamon
For the Crisp
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup oats
1/4 cup sugar/stevia (use less sugar if only using strawberry)
3/4 cups chopped nuts like walnuts, pecans, almonds
2 oz of cold butter, cut in small cubes
- In a bowl mix berries, sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon. Divide in ramekins.
- Preheat oven at 350 deg C
- In a different bowl mix all the crisp ingredients adding butter the last. Work the butter through the mixture using your hands.
- NOTE: Butter must be cold.
- Divide the crisp mixture to top the berry mix in each ramekin.
- NOTE: if you want to use less crisp mixture do that by all means. And save the crisp for later. It refrigerates well for a week.
- Bake the ramekins for 30-35 min in the oven.
3 comments:
Welcome back after long time, u miss nothing as long as you are too busy with something more important in life :) part of life
This recipe is so new to me!! would sure like to grab one serving for myself
On going event Rice up with sweets / spices
well said ..i too sometimes get tempted to eat store bought sweets .when i make one i can control the ingedients right .Nicely made ramekins
@Priya: keep the oven warm and let those desserts roll out:)
@Shweet @ Haffa: Thanks for inviting me to the event and happy hosting.
Post a Comment