As a kid, I knew it was a holiday morning when the house smelled great with all the special food mom made. Holiday mornings' breakfast and brunch always had yummy baked goodies like oven fresh cookies or cupcakes. Gone are days when between me and my sis alone, we would finish up a dozen cupcakes in a single day :) :) :) Also, gone are the days when we can enjoy calorie laden baked goodies, guilt-free.
But, I still keep up my mom's tradition of making holiday mornings special....with my touch of healthy substitutes and all the same flavor.
Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffin Recipe
Servings- Makes 12
1.5 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg
1/3 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/3 cup oil (optional can be substituted with applesauce)
1/2 cup blueberries
1/4 cup chopped almonds
But, I still keep up my mom's tradition of making holiday mornings special....with my touch of healthy substitutes and all the same flavor.
Happy Holiday Weekend To All
Servings- Makes 12
1.5 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg
1/3 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/3 cup oil (optional can be substituted with applesauce)
1/2 cup blueberries
1/4 cup chopped almonds
- Preheat oven at 350 deg.
- Sift together all dry ingredients - wheat flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt in a bowl.
- Whisk together egg, applesauce, oil, buttermilk until smooth in another bowl.
- Incorporate the dry ingredients mix in batches and stir well.
- Spray a muffin pan with PAM and fill each muffin cup 2/3 full with batter. Top with chopped almonds.
- Bake for 20 min
These blueberry muffins can be stored in fridge for a week. Individually wrapped, they freeze well for months. Also I made these with no oil and all applesauce.
5 comments:
I try to give same memory to my kids. Always bake something on holidays. These looks amazing.
Mom are the best! Thanks for visiting Linsy! Have a great weekend
Holidays means family gathering & lots of food .
Always amazed how food brings back childhood memories.
Always lOve the healthy stuff. Muffins looks too good.
I am bachelor I request you to provide me couple of delicious food stuffs to prepare on weekends.
Thanks
Just mouthwatering...looks delicious!
Post a Comment