Kashi foods are great and true to nutrition with all the simple and natural ingredients. But their Go Lean Crunch Cereal was too crunchy for my family and after having tried many times we just could not get ourselves to enjoy it much. But then I did not want to just throw it away given all the great ingredients it has, not to forget the high 9gm protein in one serving. As I have always liked, home made granola, I thought of turning this crunchy cereal into some crunchy chewy cookies.
They turned out so great which I could not have imagined :):) GO Lean!
Recipe
makes 10
2 cups Kashi GoLean Cruch Cereal
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 whole egg
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup honey/agave nectar
dried raisins/cranberries, as much chewy as u like
They turned out so great which I could not have imagined :):) GO Lean!
Recipe
makes 10
2 cups Kashi GoLean Cruch Cereal
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 whole egg
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup honey/agave nectar
dried raisins/cranberries, as much chewy as u like
- Pulse the cereal in a food processor long enough so that it breaks down. Around 7-10 min. This is so hard that the traditional roller pin method doesn't work well.
- Preheat oven at 350 deg
- In the crushed cereal add all the other ingredients and mix well with a spatula.
- Spray the cookie sheet with non stick spray or line with parchment papaer.
- Spray an icecream scoop with non stick spray. Fill the the cookie mixture tightly to drop the mounds to line the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 min
- Cool on rack
7 comments:
I love their bars too. Cookies looks delicious.
What a tasty way to ge lean! I just discovered the agave and was waiting for a recipe to use it, so thanks for sharing!
Delicious cookies...
love chewy cookies...love the texture..
we love chewy cookies, just perfect blend of soft and crunch textures make them irresistable
Thank you all. This was a truly out of necessity recipe experiment and its pure joy when such things turn out well. Hope you all make and njoy this:)
Keep visiting.
I always wanted to try a chewy n crunchy cookies... Yours looks perfect....
Post a Comment