Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Homemade MakeUp Remover Pads

Image Source
Hello Hello All You MakeUp Lovers! We all know how important it is to remove all that makeup every night before we go to bed. Washing every night with soap and water over the sink can be a little overwhelming for many of us. And that is where disposable makeup wipes come in handy. They are such a blessing to end a busy day cleanly. The only issue can be that the brand name wipes can be EXPENSIVE. And the ones that are cheap are cheap for a reason. Personally, I like to know what is in the products am using. And sometime I would get worried with the long ingredients list at the back of most of the wipes available in stores. If you have not checked yet, here are some examples -
Isonyl Isononanoate, Pentaerithrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isostearyl Palmitate, Hexylene Glycol,Dehydroacetate Acid, Benzoic Acid, Iodopropyl Butylcarbamate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance 

I am no expert or not even close to being a chemist to analyze these ingredients. Most of them are natural extracts but many are preservatives, fragrance and fragrance binders; which surely are skin irritants. Makeup removers should be gentle yet effective to remove all traces of makeup without stripping away natural skin oils. So, all I believe in is that if things can be simple, why to make them complicated.

Homemade all natural makeup remover wipes can be made with less than 5 ingredients. They are not only cost effective but fun to make as you can change them to fit your skin care needs. I found many people online making their own makeup wipes and I got excited to give it a shot myself. It does work like a charm! And they store well for up to 3 months. Oil cleansing method is thorough and oils like jojoba do not clog pores as they mimic skin natural oils. I have oily skin and using jojoba has in fact cleared up my acne.

I have tried few different recipes and my fav is -

1 cup distilled water (very important to use distilled)
4 Tbsp Jojoba Oil/Sweet Almond Oil/Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 Tbsp fragrance free witch hazel
1 Tbsp baby wash (tear free)
2 drops of lavender pure essential oil

Check out this video for directions and play around with your choice of ingredients.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaq5Solye_c

No comments: