I watch my food a lot. But at the same time indulge whenever my heart wins over my mind. And as I have learnt to manage portion size, the indulgence have not hurt so far.
In my first blogpost I said, for me its all about a tasty recipes. Now, who doesn't love a personal cake.......late afternoon after a long work day or late night post dinner? Hard for anyone to say No I guess. And for me when I really want it, cake is one thing I would hate to share. Yup that's me;) I don't want another spoon or fork in there. So that's what I meant by personal cake :) :) I made one for myself yesterday night and finished it so quickly that I couldn't even take a picture. So had to borrow this picture from web which was a 95-98% match.
Here is my cake in a mug in 5 min... So choose your fav large size mug. And then you need the following--
3 tbsp oil/applesauce
3 tbsp hot water
4 tbsp whole wheat flour
2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp semi sweet chocolate chips
pinch salt
1/8 tsp baking powder
1.4 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
few semisweet chocolate chips to sprinkle over top (optional)
In a mug mix all the dry ingredients with a fork. Now add all wet ingredients. Mix well with a whisk. Add hot water and mix well so chocolate chips melt. Bake in microwave for 90secs on high. As every microwave can be different do the clear toothpick test.
I have tried this with applesauce, the texture is more dense, no difference in flavor though. I do not use the egg because if you think about it, if 2 eggs are used for a whole cake then even 1 or 1/2 egg for just a mug is way too much.
Enjoy in your own mug your own chair - Jus For You!!!!

14 comments:
Love the applesauce/buttermilk and Whole wheat flour additions! I definitely want to try it!
I've tried this way too. simple ...praktish
Wow - never knew cake could be so quick to make. I'll give this a try.
looks yummy
Perfect size dessert
Simple and delicious... Nice collection... Have started following you... Will be happy if you follow my space thanks
Cake looks delicious and easy to make!! :)
http://www.rita-bose-cooking.com/
Hey dear could you suggest any ideas on how to make this one w/o egg...
its a torture that I cannot make such a simple recipie coz of egg..
Plz suggest yaaarrrrrrrr
@Priyanka - I havent tried this without egg but I would assume if you put a pinch of baking powder and buttermilk instead of milk, you shoud be good
Letting go once a while is no big deal. I am the same, watch my diet yet indulge from time to time.
Beautiful,great flavors and that less time spending in making did not compromise on the taste.
This is tempting, fast and easy! Thanks for sharing
Thanks awesome reader. Really appreciate you visiting and leaving your thoughts and comments.
This is a dangerously good recipe and idea for those craving moments. Enjoy
So quick and painless, wish I could grab this cup. Thanks Megha for visiting :)
Post a Comment