My family loves pasta nights and its so easy to go overboard with portions. Its true that carbs like pasta should be avoided during dinner but when dinner is the only family sit-down meal, such rules are difficult to follow. So as always, I wanted to find a solution that works caring for both family time and healthy eating.
Most restaurants serve bread with pasta ....carbs +carbs. I did the same earlier. But as I learn more about food, habits need to change. Now instead I make healthy sides or clear soups with pasta.
One of my favorite are these Zucchini cakes. With primary ingredients as zucchini, onion, peppers and egg baked together, they make a healthy treat.
Recipe
(makes 6)
1 large zucchini grated
1 egg/egg white
1/4 onion finely chopped
1/4 red pepper finely chopped
1/3 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
2 Tbsp grated Parmesan
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp dried oregano
crushed black pepper to taste
Method
italian
Most restaurants serve bread with pasta ....carbs +carbs. I did the same earlier. But as I learn more about food, habits need to change. Now instead I make healthy sides or clear soups with pasta.
One of my favorite are these Zucchini cakes. With primary ingredients as zucchini, onion, peppers and egg baked together, they make a healthy treat.
Recipe
(makes 6)
1 large zucchini grated
1 egg/egg white
1/4 onion finely chopped
1/4 red pepper finely chopped
1/3 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
2 Tbsp grated Parmesan
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp dried oregano
crushed black pepper to taste
Method
- Preheat oven to 400 deg
- Squeeze out water from grated zucchini, as much as you can. I use a paper towel.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Make 6 patties and place in oven for 10-12 min
- Flip and bake again for 10-12 min
- Serve hot. Enjoy with sour cream or mayo topping or just as it is.

3 comments:
Yummy!luks tempting : )
Thanks Maha
At first I thought they were fried instead they're baked! Even better (and healthier). Thanks for the recipe :-)
Post a Comment